Below are the changes that were made in every version of DTA and the credits for whoever contributed.
Released: Dec 23, 2012
- Changed: Building bibs are now transparent when the visual details have been set to low as well.
- Changed: The Rocket Launcher now does more damage against buildings and less damage against tanks with heavy armor in enhanced mode.
- Changed: The destroyer now heals itself.
- Changed: The GDI APC's speed has been reduced from 12 to 10 in enhanced mode.
- Fixed: The AI's SSM Launchers used to only fire a single missile instead of 2.
- Fixed: The launcher will now show you how many players are online on CnCNet again (Credits: Rampastring).
- Fixed: Northern Lights used to crash when there was no Nod player present on the map.
- Fixed: You will no longer only get meteors from crates on Emerald Canyon.
Released: Jul 26, 2012
- Added: New multiplayer maps; "Emerald Canyon", "Tiberium Garden III" and "Sand Serpent" (Credits: Lin Kuei Ominae, Rampastring, MeesterMan).
- Changed: The smoke/steam animations now also appear in classic mode, but can be disabled by changing the Visual Details to Low.
- Changed: Cloaked advanced power plants with the tiberium fuel upgrade will now periodically uncloak after having reached the yellow damage stage.
- Changed: The tiberium fuel upgrade will now also spawn tiberium after the advanced power plant has reached the yellow damage stage.
- Changed: Scavenger maps now all have free radar.
- Changed: The Hover(craft) MLRS now has a longer range and inflicts more damage against vehicles and ships.
- Changed: The Mammoth Tank's missiles now only do half as much damage against infantry in classic mode.
- Changed: Several sounds are now longer.
- Changed: The Mammoth Tank now costs 1500 again (used to be 1700) in Enhanced mode.
- Changed: AI level 1 (medium) is now easier.
- Fixed: Players can no longer start with units that are available on a higher tech level than the one they're playing on.
- Fixed: You will no longer hear the charge sound right after an obelisk is built.
- Fixed: Buildings now have bibs that look fitting on all terrain and the bibs are now present on all maps.
Released: Jun 15, 2012
- Added: 8 Scavenger maps.
- Added: You can now build MIGs after capturing the tech center of an opposite faction (Credits: Mig Eater).
- Added: You can now build Tesla tanks after capturing the tech center of an opposite faction.
- Added: The M.A.D. Tank for GDI.
- Changed: Laser fences can no longer manually be turned off.
- Changed: All multiplayer maps are now located in folders instead of in mix files.
- Changed: The AI is now more intelligent and the easy and medium AIs are easier, while the hard AI is harder (Credits: Rampastring).
- Changed: The Stealth Generator now has a smaller cloaking-radius again and consumes less power.
- Changed: The laser fence post's price has been reduced from 250 to 200.
- Changed: Infantry will now prone when they're immobilized by the hovercraft's tesla bolt, instead of showing the electrocution animation.
- Changed: Infantry now die by electrocution instead of burning when hit by lightning and in the enhanced mode also when hit by the ion cannon and tesla/laser weapons.
- Changed: The Microwave Tank now keeps vehicles immobilized for as long as it's firing at them while dealing a lot less damage and it can also EMP vehicles in a wide area by deploying.
- Fixed: The Microwave Tank is now able to gain experience (and thus get promoted) by destroying units.
- Fixed: All units now face towards the right in their sidebar icons (3 units didn't before).
- Fixed: Building 2 cheap units in a row (such as buggies or bikes) will no longer cause the second one not to arrive when it finishes.
- Fixed: Having a lot of .DPR files (these are custom or downloaded multiplayer maps) will no longer cause a delay in between changing menus (Credits: CCHyper).
- Fixed: The field repair superweapon is now more reliable.
Released: May 20, 2012
- Added: Comp Stomp versions of Dante's Desert and Tiberian Twilight.
- Changed: Sent chat messages in multiplayer games now remain visible 5 times as long.
- Changed: You can no longer build on bridges.
- Changed: The easy AI now builds slower and attacks later (Credits: Rampastring).
- Changed: The AI won't attack cloaked objects with super weapons as often anymore.
- Changed: The Cruiser now deals more damage per shot.
- Changed: The stealth generator now has a bigger radius and consumes less power.
- Changed: The laser fence post now has more hitpoints and has a new image.
- Changed: You can now view the credits by via a button in the main menu and the Serial/Modem button has been removed.
- Changed: Some extra detail has been added to the map "Car Park" (Credits: Lin Kuei Ominae).
- Changed: Nod's Research Facility's cost has been lowered from 2000 to 1400 and its upgrade now provides power instead of draining it (Credits: Lin Kuei Ominae).
- Changed: The light tank's weapon now fires as quick as the medium tank's weapon in the enhanced mode, which makes them equally as cost-effective.
- Changed: Nukes now do more damage against buildings.
- Fixed: The destroyer now uses torpedoes against ships and naval yards.
- Fixed: Flame Tanks and the XO Powersuit will no longer slow down before firing.
- Fixed: The launcher's tray icon would sometimes not appear (Credits: Rampastring).
- Fixed: Video Back Buffer has been disabled, which should improve performance for a lot of people (Credits: AlexB).
- Fixed: Most units will no longer de-accelerate before firing or stopping (Credits: Lin Kuei Ominae).
Released: Apr 15, 2012
- Added: 2 new scripts for the map editor; one for disabling building bibs and one for enabling naval yards for maps.
- Added: New multiplayer maps; "Dante's Desert", "Red Valley" and "Circle of Death" (Credits: Lin Kuei Ominae, ChronoSeth, Rampastring).
- Added: The launcher will now inform you how many players are online in the tray area when you minimize the game after starting it in CnCNet mode (a text balloon will appear whenever the number of players changes) (Credits: Rampastring).
- Added: The launcher now shows the size of an update before you start downloading it (Credits: Rampastring).
- Added: The launcher now checks whether all of the game's files are are present and original (meaning not corrupted or modified) and will offer to redownload them if any differences are detected (Credits: Rampastring).
- Changed: The launcher's update progress bar now shows the total progress of the update instead of the progress for an invidual file (Credits: Rampastring).
- Changed: The Comp Stomp version of Frozen Wasteland is now 4 vs 4 instead of 6 vs 2.
- Changed: Mines now cost 500 credits instead of 200.
- Changed: The MCV now has a greater sight range in Enhanced mode.
- Changed: The Hovercraft MLRS has now 50% more hitpoints.
- Changed: DTA now makes use of HyperPatch, thanks to which you're now taken directly to the LAN lobby whenever you start DTA in CnCNet mode (Credits: CCHyper).
- Fixed: Buildings will no longer create a disco show during ion storms (they used to constantly flash during ion storms).
- Fixed: The hunter seeker is now animated while flying towards its target.
- Fixed: The V2 missile will no longer randomly fly in the wrong direction.
- Fixed: The map "Carpark" fixed and has been readded (Credits: Lin Kuei Ominae).
Released: Jan 31, 2012
- Added: The launcher now updates the CnCNet status (players online) every 10 seconds (Credits: Rampastring).
- Added: An option to recheck the recommended server to the Launcher Settings (Credits: Rampastring).
- Added: New multiplayer maps; "The Experiment Lab", "Frozen Wasteland", "Beach Landing" and "Field" (Credits: Rampastring, ChronoSeth).
- Added: Hunter-Seeker crates (Credits: Lin Kuei Ominae).
- Added: FinalSun (the map editor) now has an option to disable sounds.
- Added: You can now view the credits by pressing C in the Classic/Enhanced selection screen.
- Changed: Chat messages in multiplayer games now remain on the screen longer.
- Changed: The maps "Tiberian Twilight" and "The Crater" have been improved (Credits: ChronoSeth).
- Changed: The Stealth Boat can no longer attack aircraft and is now less effective against ships and Tesla Hovercrafts.
- Changed: The Sealth Boat now costs 2300 (was 2000).
- Changed: Amphibious units (hovercrafts) are now faster on water.
- Changed: The Destroyer only costs 1200 now and its cannon weapon does more damage.
- Changed: The MCV no longer needs to accelerate before reaching full speed.
- Changed: The multiplayer score screen is now big enough to fill up the entire screen for resolutions up to 1920x1080 (Credits: Lin Kuei Ominae).
- Changed: To prevent compatibility issues, the launcher will now delete the ddraw.dll file from DTA's directory if you're running Windows Vista or Windows 7 (Credits: Rampastring).
- Changed: The minimum amount of crates has been increased for big maps (the bigger map, the more crates will appear on it at the same time).
- Changed: Crates now use the steel crate image instead of the wood crate image so that they're easier to see.
- Changed: The Hover(craft) MLRS now inflicts more damage.
- Fixed: The normal version of the map "Dust Bowl" and the Comp Stomp version of the map "Composite" no longer get entirely revealed at the start.
- Fixed: Stealth Boat's are now radar-invisible without requiring veterancy first.
- Fixed: Cruisers can now also get promoted while they're deployed.
- Fixed: All walls are now more expensive.
Released: Dec 23, 2011
- Added: An option to disable the sidebar icon darken effect has been added to the launcher; for players that experience lag when building cheap structures this will improve the performance a lot (Credits: Rampastring).
- Added: You can now choose which CnCNet server to connect to (UK or US) and the launcher will automatically select the one that's fastest for you after you finish updating or installing (Credits: Rampastring).
- Added: You can now use the -NoAffinityControl attribute to disable the launcher's core affinity setting; this is unnecessary for most systems, but it might solve some problems for systems with single-core processors (Credits: Rampastring).
- Added: A 6-player version of the "Tunnel Train-ing" map; "Train-ing Holiday" (Credits: Rampastring).
- Changed: The weapon damage of the Humm-vee's, Buggy's and APC's weapon inflicts against infantry in the enhanced mode has been reduced; it does twice as much as much as in classic mode now (used to be three times as much).
- Changed: AI level 1 (medium) is now less hard (Credits: Rampastring).
- Fixed: There was a patch of tiberium on an impassable tile on the map "Social Divide" and this caused harvesters to get stuck when they'd harvest it.
- Fixed: Units used to be able to move onto a bridge from "below" at certain points on the maps "Connexion" and "Dead Winter".
- Fixed: Building multiple factories will now give a proper prouction speed bonus (before the speed wouldn't increase unless you'd build more than 3 factories).
- Fixed: The Jump-Jet didn't have any voices.
- Fixed: The map is no longer entirely revealed at the start on "Desert Storm".
- Fixed: General AI Fixes and AI level 2 is now harder (Credits: Rampastring).
- Removed: The map "Car Park" has been removed because it crashed on start.
Released: Dec 19, 2011
- Added: The launcher now shows the current number of DTA players online at CnCNet (Credits: Rampastring).
- Added: The power plants, war factory and research facility now all have smoke/steam animations in the enhanced mode (Credits: Lin Kuei Ominae).
- Changed: The weapon damage of the Humm-vee's, Buggy and APC's weapon has been halved against all armor types (to make the damage more similar to the classic mode's version of this weapon) except for the infantry's in enhanced mode.
- Changed: The Research Facility has a new image and now requires an upgrade to give Nod access to either the "Seed Visceroids" (on normal maps) or the "Subterranean Reinforcements" (on Comp Stomp maps) superweapon (Credits: Lin Kuei Ominae).
- Fixed: The "tiberium fuel" upgrade now has a proper looking animation (Credits: Lin Kuei Ominae).
- Fixed: The hospital's image is no longer stretched out.
- Fixed: The Bio Research Lab's image is no longer stretched out (Credits: Lin Kuei Ominae).
- Fixed: The text on the Research Facility's sidebar icon now says "Research Labs" instead of "Bio-Research".
Released: Dec 17, 2011
- Added: A launcher capable of changing several in-game settings, changing DLL files depending on which resolution you chose and which multiplayer mode you select (LAN/XWIS/CnCNet), (re)installing DTA and updating.
- Added: Bigger versions of the GUI (their appropriate files are automatically placed in the game directory by the launcher, depending on the selected resolution).
- Added: Much bigger and more detailed minimaps.
- Added: Multiplayer maps "Sandpit", "Unforgiving Islands", "Forest of Fear", "Car Park", "Canyon Chase", "Triad of Deception", "Crossroads", "Chaos Rivers", "Death Valley", "Dust Devils", "Desert Storm", "Tower of Power", "Dustbowl", "The Crater", "Dusk", "Toxic Passage", "Tunnel Train-ing", "Razor Blade", "Canyon Chase 2", "Tideland", "Tiberian Twilight", "City in Conflict", "Tiber", "Stranded", "Springnight", "Northern Lights", "Town of the Unfortunate", "A Path Beyond", "Composite" and "The Sandbar".
- Added: "Comp Stomp" versions of various existing maps; these allow north vs south or east vs west battles between human and AI players.
- Added: Extra tiberium trees.
- Added: Temperate versions of the sand rocks.
- Added: Temperate versions of the bushes.
- Added: Burned versions the temperate trees for desert maps.
- Added: Desert water cliffs, including bridges and waterfalls that can connect to them.
- Added: Snow theater (this includes terrain, overlay, objects and buildings).
- Added: Alternative Desert theater (this includes terrain and terrain objects).
- Added: Lighter sand for desert maps.
- Added: Desert shores, cliffs and water cliffs that connect to the lighter sand.
- Added: An airstrike superweapon crate goodie.
- Changed: AI players will no longer become allies on normal multiplayer maps (only on Comp Stomp maps).
- Changed: DTA now uses the same text font as TD.
- Changed: The score screen you see after every multiplayer match.
- Changed: The "reveal map" and "shroud map" crates have been disabled (since they can be game-deciding).
- Changed: All roads (temperate and desert) have been re-converted to improve their quality.
- Changed: The gunboat has been replaced with one that looks more similar to the one in TD.
- Changed: The SSM launcher can no longer rotate its turret and can instead visually fire away the missiles it's carrying on its back.
- Changed: The maps "Enemy Lines", "Rivers of Refener", "Terraces" and "Tiberium Garden Redux" have been improved (Tiberium Garden Redux also had its theater converted from desert to temperate).
- Fixed: Certain desert maps caused the game to freeze after a while.
- Fixed: The advanced comm. center now drains 200 power instead of producing it.
- Fixed: The AI is now a much tougher and smarter opponent.
- Fixed: Units are no longer brighter than buildings.
- Fixed: Grenadiers now inflict more damage.
- Fixed: Tiberium now adapts to the surrounding lighting (this means it'll no longer stand out on dark maps anymore).
- Fixed: Units and buildings no longer have glowing pixels on dark maps.
- Fixed: Aircraft now reload faster.
- Fixed: The advanced guard tower used to need more than twice as many missiles to take out a tank than it needs in TD.
- Fixed: The effectiveness of cannon weapons verses infantry has been reduced to make up for the lack of inaccuracy.
- Fixed: Smudges (craters and scorch marks on the ground) now appear properly, rather than having a part of their image cut off at the bottom.
- Fixed: You now hear a sound whenever a message is displayed.
- Removed: Multiplayer maps "Green Acres", "Towns of Sudan", "Sandy Plagues", "Yeovil Quarry" "Voice in the Darkness" and "Lost Lake".
Classic Mode changes:
- Added: "The Toxic Diversion" campaign.
- Fixed: Cannon weapons can no longer fire over brick walls.
- Fixed: Vehicles are no longer unbuildable when playing naval maps.
- Fixed: The medium tank no longer accelerates.
- Fixed: The Obelisk of Light has a longer firing range now (meaning it can no longer be out-ranged by the rocket launcher or artillery).
Enhanced Mode changes:
- Added: Termites; subterranean deployable laser turrets for Nod.
- Added: Torpedo Boats for Nod.
- Added: The Cyborg prototype; a cyborg commando unit for Nod.
- Added: The Stealth generator for Nod.
- Added: Hovercraft crate goodie for Nod.
- Added: The Hover(craft) MLRS for GDI; a hovercraft that fires 2 bursts of 3 simultaneous missiles.
- Added: The Cruiser; a large ship for GDI.
- Added: Land Mines for Nod.
- Added: A Stealth APC for Nod.
- Added: The Mobile Sensor Array for both GDI and Nod.
- Added: The Jump Jet Infantry for GDI.
- Added: Tesla Hovercrafts for Nod.
- Changed: Buildings and units will now leave scrap metal when they're destroyed, which can be harvested.
- Changed: The Hover MLRS is now only available as a crate goodie.
- Changed: The Ion Cannon now inflicts a little more damage.
- Changed: Various cameos of new units, buildings and superweapons have been replaced with higher quality versions.
- Changed: The commando is now only available for GDI instead of Nod.
- Changed: All vehicles now accelerate (rather than going from motionless to full speed instantly).
- Changed: All missiles are less effective against infantry.
- Changed: The Humm-vee, buggy and APC's weapon is more effective against infantry.
- Changed: The Stealth Boat now fires 10 simultaneous small missiles instead of a single large missile.
- Changed: You now get access to the Ion Cannon by upgrading GDI's Comm. Center, rather than building a separate building for it.
- Changed: It now takes only almost half as long to build a refinery now.
- Changed: Cannon projectiles now look like tracers.
- Changed: The SSM Launcher is now a special unit with a build limit of 1.
- Changed: GDI and Nod now have different radars.
- Changed: The Advanced Comm. Center is no longer buildable, but you can now instead upgrade GDI's normal comm center.
- Fixed: The Seed Visceroids superweapon no longer creates impassable cells.
- Fixed: Amphibious units can no longer pass through water cliffs.
- Fixed: Artilleries are now less powerful and cheaper, but turn faster.
- Removed: The medic is no longer buildable (it doesn't function properly and this doesn't appear to be fixable).
- CCHyper: Provided the offsets and values to change in the executable to
- allow tiberium to get affected by lighting (this way tiberium won't stand out too much on dark maps anymore)
- allow the game to start even if the movies mix isn't found (without ignoring it if it does exist)
- load GMenu.mix sooner so that the intro video can be read from it
- ChronoSeth: made the following maps:
- Canyon Chase
- Death Valley
- Dust Devils
- Desert Storm
- Tower of Power
- The Crater
- Canyon Chase 2
- Tiberian Twilight
- A Path Beyond
Made the following units and buildings:
- subterranean APC (unused)
- torpedo boat
- cyborg prototype
- stealth generator
- stealth APC
- mobile sensor array
- tesla hovercraft
recolored the Nod Comm. Center
made cameos for the following:
- tiberium fuel
- mobile repair vehicle
- microwave tank
- bio research lab
- Ion Cannon Uplink
- stealth APC
- cyborg prototype
- torpedo boat
- subterranean APC
- stealth generator
- field repair
- stealth APC
- mobile sensor array
- tesla hovercraft
and made the maps "Forest of Fear", "Chaos Rivers" and "Razor Blade".
- DonutArnold: Made the Hover(craft) MLRS cameo.
- j4m3sb0nd: made the maps "Triad of Deception", "Dead Winter" and "The Sandbar".
- Lin Kuei Ominae:
- Made the maps "Car Park" and "Tiber".
- Fixed the "Seed Visceroids" superweapon to prevent it from creating impassable cells.
- Gave the A10s an elite weapon.
- Made and coded in the scrap metal, which is left by destroyed buildings and units.
- Made the "Field Repair" superweapon more reliable.
- Fixed the grenade weapon.
- Improved the refinery's unload animation.
- Made a buildup animation for GDI's tech center.
- Improved Nod's airfield.
- Fixed the SHPs of units and buildings so they no longer have glowing pixels on dark maps.
- Modified certain animations to make them glow on dark maps.
- Added an extra row of pixels in the shadows of all turreted units in order to fix the shadow bug (this bug sometimes causes a gap appear in between the shadow of a unit and the unit itself).
- Made the gunboat.
- Made the sensor drones.
- Made a new multiplayer score screen.
- Made and coded the cruiser ship (including its animations and sounds).
- Made and coded the the land mines.
- Made and coded the torpedo projectile.
- Made gatling gun animations and sounds.
- Made the tracers.
- Made and coded the airstrike superweapon.
- Made various coding tweaks and fixes.
- Machine: Made the Hover(craft) MLRS.
- Nyerguds: Made the setup tool which Rampastring's launcher was built upon.
- OmegaBolt: made the maps "Tideland", "Stranded" and "Northern Lights".
- Ragox: made the map "Unforgiving Islands".
- Coded the new AI
- made the maps "City in Conflict", "Tunnel Train-ing", "Springnight", "Town of the Unfortunate" and "Composite"
- improved details on the maps "A Path Beyond", "Pitfall", "Unforgiving Islands", "Sandpit", "Sand Trap", "Canyon Chase", "Lakefront Clash", "Crossroads", "Dust Devils", "Tower of Power", "Dustbowl"
- coded the CompStomp versions of "Triad of Deception", "Tiberium Garden Redux" and "Composite"
- made DTA's Launcher (built upon a setup tool which was made by Nyerguds).
- Made the "The Toxic Diversion" campaign.
- Reaperrr: Converted the text font from TD to TS format.
- ReFlex: made the maps "Sandpit", "Dustbowl" and "Toxic Passage" and made the "Under Siege II" singleplayer mission.
- SeriousToni: Made the map "Crossroads".
For changes made in older versions of DTA, click any of the the links below.
|Version 1.10||Version 1.09||Version 1.08|
|Version 1.07||Version 1.06||Version 1.05|
|Version 1.04||Version 1.03||Version 1.02|